Thursday, July 13, 2006

A Series of (Un)fortunate Reminders...

I walked into the lab this morning and there was a post-it note on my computer that read as follows....

"Vidya could you please transfer my tubes from the 9600 to the -20 on the orange rack at the PCR machine. *heart* Des"

I then walked over to my lab bench.

There was yet another post-it note that read...

"An additional reminder: Vidya... could you please transfer my tubes from the 9600 to the -20 on the orange rack at the PCR machine. *heart* Des"

So I walked over to the PCR machine so that I wouldn't forget. There was yet another note on the PCR machine that read...

"If Vidya forgets, Could someone please put these tubes at -20 for me :) *heart* Des"

I had a good laugh over it then came over to check my email. I had a lovely email from another colleague that read...

"Please don't forget to move Des's tubes to the -20C freezer."

RIGHT! I think the people I work with know me a little too well!

NB: I may have forgotten about other people's tubes a little more than once or twice...

UPDATE:
I just wrote out a series of reminders for Des...

The first one read:
"Des, I have transfered your tubes from the 9600 to the -20 on the orange rack at the PCR machine. *heart* Vid"

The second one on her bench read:
"An additional reminder: Desiree... I have transfered your tubes from the 9600 to the -20 on the orange rack at the PCR machine. *heart* Vid"

I then proceeded to write a third note and stuck that one on the PCR machine and that said:
"If Des forgets, Could someone please let her know that her tubes are at -20 :) *heart* Vid"

I also wrote an email to my other colleague and said:
"Please let Des know that I have moved her tubes to the -20C freezer. Thanks, Vidya"

:D