Friday, April 23, 2010

Sleep Talking

I have been told by many people that I often talk in my sleep. I remember a few years ago when I was visiting Mumbai my dad told me that I sounded like I was arguing with someone in my sleep. My dad said, "Even while sleeping you don't shut up!"

My husband often tells me that I talk in my sleep. I apparently say all sorts of things. I also answer questions that are placed before me - and that is probably why I can't hide anything from my husband!

However, most of the time I just make a bunch of sounds that don't really make sense.

I guess I am a deep sleeper - if I am crying in my dreams, I wake up crying. Similarly, if I am laughing, I actually start laughing and this apparently is most disconcerting. I can just imaginge Sudarshan fast asleep and suddenly he is woken up to the sound of an eerie laugh...I wish I could see it! Most of the time, it is all fairly harmless. I think I just say out loud the things I am saying in my dreams.

I have just been reading up on sleep talking and there really doesn't seem to be that much information out there about it. As I don't drink or do drugs :O :O, I am not really sure why I sleep talk. Maybe I should see a psychologist - or maybe I should see one for being an hypochondriac!

I have been rather restless the last few nights so I am fairly certain that I have been tossing and turning and mumbling random things.

Two nights ago it turns out that rather than "talking" I have actually been "singing" in my sleep. Sudarshan found it hilarious and has been pointing it out and laughing at me every chance he gets! Apparently there were no words, I just kept going "Na nna na nnaa nana" for a few minutes, before going "back to sleep".

Yesterday happened to be a rather warm night but it did get quite chilly in the morning. Sudarshan was hogging the quilt so I said , "You have the whole quilt! I have nothing" then waited for him to give me the quilt. He seemed to be fast asleep so I had to yank it from him. I then went back to sleep.

This morning, Sudarshan got up and said, "You were talking in your sleep again!". I am always curious to what I could have said and when I asked him he said, "You said, something like 'You have the quilt. I have nothing.' What a wierd thing to say ayy?".

Sigh.