Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I COOKED!!!

One of my friends at the hospital is leaving for Boston on Sunday and we are having a little farewell morning tea for her. I said to some of my lab members "One of these days... I am going to cook and suprise you!" - never say something like that! I have been asked to cook "from scratch" (i.e. - no packet food) and also been told not to ask for assistance from my grandma or mum.

I cooked today:D I have made TWO cheesecakes and a potato cheese pastry thing :D How good am I??? I tried the pastry - it is quite bearable! I haven't tried the cheesecake yet - but with that much fat in it I can't go wrong on the taste (the texture and shape is a whole other thing though!)

Anyways, I'll let you guys know if I get asked to cook ever again or if my colleagues just say "Ask your mum to make something!"

I also have to get some digital photos printed tomorrow morning and then make sure everyone has signed the farewell card then I am taking my colleague who is leaving for Boston to get her thesis binded!

Tomorrow should be a fun day!