Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The world of TimTams

I was at Woolies over the weekend and the guy in line behind me was buying close to 6/7 packs of TimTams...

Me: You like TimTams?
Him: You see I am going to Japan in a few days. I asked them what they wanted and they didn't say anything. So I thought I might as well get them TimTams. I came here and there were so many different sorts! I thought I would get one of each! When you can't speak the language - just give them chocolate!
Me: Makes sense.
Him: All I can say is "Hello" and can count to 5 in Japanese. I have been taught that it is "Itchy, Knee, Sun, She, Go!" (The numbers read: ichi, ni, san, shi, go)
Me: I learnt Japanese for 7 years - and that is probably how much I can speak too!
Him: When you don't use the language its hard to learn it!
Me: That is soo true! As long as you can say "Thankyou" and "Where is the Toilet" I think you are safe!
Him: That's a good one to know!
(By this time I was nearly done with my stuff getting scanned)
Him: So many people learn French. We never use it here. I just say "Bonjour" and "Cava" and learn to say "I can't speak French!". That's enough for any arrogant French person! (That was tad random...)
Me: Well, I hope you have a good trip!
Him: I hope you have a great day!

I really like it when random people wish me a good day! It really makes a difference I think.

Today:

"Someone should make a sitcom about you... it would be like a cross between 'Seinfeld' and 'Scrubs'..."