Saturday, August 05, 2006

A Symposium of Nerds!

Apparently "geek" is the new "cool". To be a "geek" is supposed to be better than to be a "nerd". Did you know that??? Channel "E" did a whole show on that last week and I watched it! You know that "E" is not a "Nerd-y" channel just by knowing that it is called "E"... they can't even spell "Entertainment"! "Discovery" doesn't call itself "D" now does it??? (I think I may have overdosed on the quotation marks with that paragraph!)

With that aside, I am leaving for Brisbane tomorrow!!!! YAAAYYY!!! I can't wait! I will be at the ICHG (International Congress of Human Genetics) and I am VERRYYY EXCITED about it! I have been to a few other conferences and symposiums but this is my first International one! How cool is that?? I can't wait to get all my free pens! :P Any chance of meeting up with anyone else (by that mean - MEL!) at the conferance?? If you will be in Brisbane next week, let me know!!

After the conferance, I will be spending the weekend with my work buddies at Moreton Bay. That should be fantastic! I can't wait for tomorrow!

I am hoping to meet a few people during the course of the conference and establish some goood connections for my research. SOOO EXCITED!

In case anyone cares AT ALL... I GOT BISULFITE SEQUENCING TO WORK!! FINALLY! Can I get a global "Woohoo" at the count of three?? 1... 2... 3!!! "WOOOHOOO!!"