Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Geography? ME???

I did almost no Geography in high School and deffinetly no Geography at Uni! The only Geography I have ever done was the compulsory two terms that we had to do in Yr.7 and Yr.8, and honestly I don't think I remember any of it. (I do remember giving a great talk on the Daintree Rain Forest with Nadia though!)

Today, I was tutoring one of my students and he said he had a couple of exams tomorrow and wanted to go through some stuff with me. He is in Yr.7 and so I asked him to come over. He came over and said, "Right! I want to know how to read weather charts!". I said, "Hmmm.... where are your notes on the topic?". He gave me his book and some 20 pieces of paper fell out - none of the sheets were complete and hardly anything was written on the subject!

I tried to tell him I knew nothing about the subject, but didn't want to stress him out a day before his exam. I gave him a few questions to do, quickly ducked into my room, Googled, "Reading Weather Charts", skimmed through a few websites and went back to explain it all to him!

How good am I??? :P Now I can read weather charts - Did you know that in the Southern Hemisphere, air spins colckwise at low pressure and anti-clockwise at high pressure???

We read a few different weather charts afterwards and predicted the weather at different places - now we both feel like we could do Tim Bailey's job - and do it without an accent!

At Work Today:

Note: We have quite a few people getting married in the lab over the next few months...


Rose: Shall I load your samples as I load mine?
Me: Are you sure? I can do it.
Rose: No No. I will do it - for the bride-to-be!
Me: Awww! Thankyou.

I then walked into the lab and announced loudly:

Me: ROSE IS LOADING GELS FOR ALL BRIDES TO BE!!!!
:P

Moral of the story: Never offer to help Vidya!