Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Revelation Number 1

People do PhDs for various reasons. Amongst them are such things as "avoiding real life", "avoiding the corporate world", "avoiding 'getting settled'"... and I guess just generally its to avoid stuff...

Apart from the above mentioned obvious reasons, a PhD is also (apparently) supposed to make you learn more about yourself and if possible, contribute to greater scientific knowledge... Today I made a "personal discovery". By that I mean that I found out something about myself. Infact I found out two things!

Revelation number 1: I am a work-o-holic. WA meetings anyone???

Revelation number 2: Wearing high-heeled boots to work is not only impractical - but also completely foolish.

PS:
Experiment of the day: Placing all your weight on the "heel" part of the boot CONSTANTLY will result in the heel snapping - and thus cause further discomfort and "wisdom teeth - like" pains in your feet...