Sunday, December 10, 2006

Love and Marriage

I was at a really beautiful wedding yesterday. Gladys and Trent - CONGRATS! It was so lovely to see them both get married. There was a lot of love and understanding there...

It reminded me of something I was thinking about a few days ago. You know you really love someone when you are no longer able to hate them. It doesn't matter what they do, you continue to love them and accept them the way they are. When you reach that point with someone, you are at a stage in life when your true potential and vulnerabilities begin to reveal themselves. You see the real you and it suprises you.

I think one of the differences between a successful arranged marriage and a successful non-arranged marriage is this; in a non-arranged union, you realise you cannot live without someone and so get married to them, while in a successful arranged marriage, you are already married to them, so you learn to love them for what they are. I think both marriages are equally beautiful in their own way.

Anyways, I had a lovely time at the wedding - Gladys and Trent, once again, you both looked gorgeous and Thankyou for a beautiful ceremony and reception!