Thursday, January 26, 2006

Happy Australia Day!!!

Wishing the nation a very Happy Birthday and the people of the nation a great public holiday! For those of you in India, Happy Republic Day!

Is it just me or was there a much bigger deal about Australia Day this year than ever before? I mean, its always been a great day but have we always had big fairs, concerts outside the parliament house and live TV coverage? I thought there was a lot more hype this year... it is possible that I just missed it in previous years...

I was going to say stuff about patiriotism, the recent riots, making it compulsory to sing the national anthem in all public and private schools and other issues. However, I have come to the conclusion that I don't really have anything to say about any of that. So I will end this post by wishing everyone a lovely day!

Qu: Is it possible to be a racist, patriotic individual in a multicultural country?