Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Going Vegan... temporarily!

I finally got around to seeing my doctor today. I have been feeling sick for a while now, so I thought I should probably drop in and say "Hello" (and give "Aunty" (my doc) the goodies my mum made for her...).

I told her I have been feeling nauseus for days now. After the consult, she said to me, "I think it might be a bug... have you been eating out much?". I said to her, "Not that much - and even if I do, there isn't that much variety in what I can eat - nothing that can make me sick anyway!". I am very much restricted in what I can eat when I go out - it is either Pizza, or some kind of a salad!

Despite that last comment, my doctor told me not to take any dairy products - including cheese and YOGHURT, no fried food, nothing spicy, and I also got asked to avoid lentils. That doesn't leave me with much to eat!!! I am going to die! It is only for a week, but I am seriously going to die! I once stayed without yoghurt for two days and I couldn't do anything on the third day!

Is this what detox is all about??? Is my doctor trying to detox all the yoghurt out of me??? Is that what she is trying to do??? SOMEBODY TELL ME!!!

I went shopping with my mum today, and it was sooo hard to find snacks! Mel - I am probably sounding like EVERYONE else right now, but I seriously don't know how you do it! I have always respected your Vegetarianism - it is one thing to be born a Vegetarian, and another to choose to become one - but now I respect your Veganism a 100 fold more!

However, if I don't die, I might even move to the EVEN healthier side in the coming weeks... who knows! It is sooo hard to predict me!