Monday, February 13, 2006

3 times in 4 days!

YAAYY!!! Everyone is home!! It is great to have everyone back at home!

Rama arrived on Friday, then my Dad on Sunday and Srini on Monday! This means that I have been to airport 3 times in the last 4 days!

I love the airport. When we used to live in Fiji, my dad would take the three of us to Nadi airport. My brothers used to love watching the planes land and take-off. After watching the planes for a bit, my dad would buy us a little treat. I would go for chocolate (Milky Bars or a Crunchie Bar) while my brothers would buy icecream. Now, I just buy myself a hot chocolate and almost always burn my tongue. (:P <- see!)

I love watching people at the airport - especially at Arrivals. I can remain amused for hours just watching people meet and greet. Departures is always more depressing though.

Yesterday, as I was waiting for my dad to arrive, I realised just how multicultural Sydney is. You know Sydney is multicultural when you can't distinguish the visitors from the residents. People from all sorts of countries were there and almost all of them were met by Australians.

I hope I won't have to go back to the airport for a while now though because the next time I go it will mean saying "Bye" rather than "OI! HERE!!!" (followed by a frantic above-the-head wave).

On another note: Is anyone else upset by yesterday's cricket as much as I am?? Come on Sri Lanka! I am counting on you guys for tomorrow!!! Lanka Lanka Lanka - OI OI OI!