Friday, February 24, 2006

Daddy come, Daddy go... and Daddy come again!

I have to drop my dad off at the airport tomorrow morning at 5am. He is going back to India! His trip was cut short by a week by some steeewwwpid meeting. IBM sucks! Very annoyed at present.

Well, that was the bad news. Now for the good news.

He will be back home again next Monday to resume his holiday! Once the meeting is finished, he said he will stay back and finalise a few things then come back and stay for an extra two weeks or so.

(Still annoyed with IBM mind you!)

He was originally only going to go back to India for A DAY! Can you believe that? India is like in a different continent! Both my brother and I said, "Appa... honestly, we can tell IBM that you are not worth that much!". It is silly to make someone travel 1000s of kms just for a single meeting - especially in the days of video conferencing! Does anyone else see a major flaw in their planning?? Do you all agree that IBM is stupid???

As a result of all this, I just know that some day I am going to become an over protective, over bearing parent!

(Just for the record, I have blogged on this page for a year and 14 days :D. I have blogged in total (minus the lapses), for about 2 years and 4 months! Pretty good!!)