Friday, February 10, 2006

A productive day!

I said:

"What is it about empty cardboard boxes that compels people to place them over their heads??"

"I may as well get excited about binding other people's thesis, as I will probably never have one of my own to get excited about!" (BTW - if I ever publish a thesis, it is going to be black with gold embossing.)

I learnt:

I wrote the following on a piece of cardboard that I put through the photo developer yesterday: "This is NOT a piece of film!".

There are two sides to plain A4 paper - a side that will curl up once it has passed through a printer, and a side that won't! Did you all know that??? It is a piece of knowledge that has truly revolutionised my way of life forever! (A bit like when I first discovered that it is often better to draw graphs on landscape rather than protrait. Or like when I was taught how to re-use latex gloves... or how to find the centre of a page by folding it in half before placing it in the hole puncher thingy...)

Thoughts:

People who care, often show that they do by pretending not to care.

I am ashamed to admit that I have been indulging in far too much self pity lately - sometimes I need to reminded as to just how lucky I am! The world is how you see it.