Saturday, April 30, 2005

Only to my dad...

I was greatly amused when my dad recited the following story to me...

My dad was travelling from Delhi to Chennai a few weeks ago and was seated next to some guy who was looking through some type-written sheets. One of the air attendants came upto this guy and asked him if he would like to see the cockpit. The guy said "yes" and went inside and returned some 5/10 minutes later.

My dad who had been watching this little scenario did not understand it so he ventured to ask...

Appa: I am sorry... do you happen to own this plane or something? Is that why the special treatment.

Guy (with a confused look): Don't you know me?

Appa: No... should I know you?

Guy: Umm... where are you from?

Appa: Australia...

Guy: You don't watch hindi movies?

Appa: I am some 30 years behind with them. I can't say that I do.

Guy: Oh ok. Hi, I am Salman Khan.

Appa: Hello. (Appa still has no idea how big Salman Khan is :P)

Guy: I am travelling down to Chennai for a shooting and am just revising my lines...

Appa: You guys seem a bit behind with your technology don't you?

Guy: I am sorry? I think Bollywood is quite advanced...

Appa: No...I still think you are a little behind

Guy: Why do you say that?

Appa: I see that you have type-written sheets... you know you can type them up on a computer these days right?

Appa went on to tell me that he was a very nice bloke and made a good flight companion! Appa said to me, "You know... he thought I was very funny!". I told him, "He probably thought you were an idiot!" :P

My dad is staying in some posh hotel in Delhi at the moment and told me that he keeps bumping into people who are obviously famous, but he doesn't know who they are or why they are famous...

Things like this will only happen to my dad!

I thought it was a pretty good story!!! :D