Sunday, April 17, 2005

Thirty-six

In the last 36hours...

1) I took yesterday off to stay home and clean the house
2) I went shopping for presents for people I don't even know
3) Our neighbours from Fiji got our address from our other neighbours who are now living in auckland and dropped by to say "hello". We haven't seen them since 1992 - so we were just a little taken aback!
4) Had two of my brothers friends come over - I bought them Pizza.
5) Went to my brother's friends house cuz their mum invited my mum and I over for "vethalai paaku"...
6) It was clean-up at the local ashram this morning.
7) I have been reading Deception Point
8) There was a "meeting" at my house about the next charity function.
9) I chatted to a very old family friend of ours who is currently living in Chicago.
10) I went tutoring
11) Drove all the way to Fairfield and back - with four ladies who spoke in telugu all the way there and back... (my mum was one of them)
12) Went and watched "Chandramukhi" at the theatres!!!!

The Chandramukhi experience...

My brother's frineds who came over yesterday are actually Telugu, but they told my mum that we HAD to watch this movie! I was originally going to skip it, but it the end managed to reschedule to make it possible!

I got sooo scared during the movie that I shifted seats and sat next to my mum! I had to hold her hand and stopped her from eating her "mixture" because I would let her move her hand...As we were sitting very close to the front, the sound was really LOUD and I freaked out totally! I actually screamed in one scene - even though it wasn't supposed to be scary!

My mum and my friend's mum forgot where they were for a moment... My mum argued her way into the theatres while many people were struggling to even get a ticket... I said, "Enna MAnni panara nee??" (What are you doing???). My mum replied, "Unnaku onnum theriyaadhu! Chumma iru. Naan pathukiraen!" (YOu don't know anything! You just stay quite!" She argued with the guy at the door - saying something about all of us being ladies and that the old lady who was with us couldn't stand for too long and all kinds of other stuff which weren't even true! I am never going to the movies with her again!

I liked the movie - I haven't seen Baba, but all the Telugu ladies were telling me that this is deffinetly better than Baba! Its funny and there is an actual plot. Vadivelu's comedy was pretty good!

The weekend isn't over yet!