Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Scientific Thinking

I remember when I first started at the hospital last year, I understood nothing. There are just way too many acronyms in Science! Even now, I understand my work and bits of what other people are doing, but most of the time I find it very hard to keep up with everyone.

However, I am finiding that I am slowly starting to understand what other people are on about. We have lab meetings every Monday and today our supervisor talked about this new technology and wanted us to think of ways in which we could utilise it.

While the question was not regarding my work, I was extremely happy in being able to make a positive contribution. I had two ideas... both of which were "clever"...

If only I could be smart all of the time! Then again, being stupid most of the time is also good - for the planet won't be able to cope with my brilliance! :P