Sunday, April 10, 2005

The show and the lab

For those of you who I have spoken to in the last few weeks, I have probably been talking non-stop about this "show". If you are free, would like to come, and are living in Sydney (:P), send me a message and I'll send ya the details!

Apart from that, I bought expensive coverslips to grow my cells on. Turns out the expensive coverslips are crappy under the light microscope so I have to use the cheap ones anyway! Kind of frustrating! Never listen to others - always try it out yourself first!

Oh well! My dad left for India yesterday :( and he won't be back in time for my graduation :(:(... but oh well there will be other ones I suppose! (Yes, I am trying to convince myself!)

Went to a "How to write a literature review" course yesterday. While most of the stuff they see is commen sense, I find going to these courses accomplishes two things. 1) Gives you a VALID reason to take time off work! 2) Motivates you to get organised! (Doesn't really do much in making you want to write though!)

I am going to be playing "teacher" in the lab soon - am going to be in charge of an Honours/Masters student. I reckon I'll enjoy that. Wierd how quickly you move from being a "student" to "teacher"...

Also been thinking of writing a review paper for my gene - will be talking to my supervisor about that on Monday!