Wednesday, April 06, 2005

A total bum!

I didn't get my phone yesterday :(

Salesperson: Hi!
Me: Hi! I am looking for a new phone...
SP: Ok. How much are you looking at?
Me: Roughly $30 a month...

Shopkeeper shows me different models...

Me: Ok.. can I have that one? (It looked pretty and had a colour screen! Don't rem the model...)
SP: Sure. Before we sell a phone, we like to check our customers credit ratings.
Me: Sure (took out all the neccesary ID cards)
SP: Sp what do you do?
Me: I am student
SP: Ok. Do you work?
Me: No
SP: Hmm... part-time?
Me: Nope
SP: Oh...how do you support yourself?
Me: I get a scholarship...
SP: Oh... ok... I am not sure if I can give you a phone... I'll try anyway
Me: Ok... If you think its going to be too much of a hassle, I can think about pre-paid or something
SP: Nah... we will first try it and see how we go...

Then while he was waiting on the phone he asked me a whole bunch of questions...

SP: So what do you plan to do after you finish your studies?
Me: Umm... I haven't thought that far... been putting it off actually.

SP: What are your living arrangemetns like?
Me: I live with my parents...

SP: So what do you study?
Me: I major in genetics... (I wasn't sure how much detail was necessary!)

SP: How do you spell "University"???

After all that he told me I couldn't get a phone cuz I wasn't "employed". I said to him, "That's cool... I'll come back with my dad tomorrow and get him to buy it for me!" :P